Participante
      • Total:864
      • Triple Campeón Del Mundo
      • ★★★★★★★★★

Kurt-Patrik Beckmann
      Participante
      • Total:26
      • Senior B

Very nice bike I have one too, very original beside three things I changed so far:
      – I replaced the original working Girling rear shocks, because they are not easy to repair in case of,
      – I replaced the Marzocchi fork against a original SWM Betor fork as Burgat did,
      – thus I had to replace the front mudguard and the mudgard holder with the brake plate holder, (all three NOS).
      – the clutch has the internal 11mm ball fix from the Enduro modles which improves clutch,
      beside this complete original and road registered, the engine is completly rebuild.

What is a bit different to all other trials bike I know of:
      – the engine is very smooth and has very much torque in low revs,
      thus engine is prune to stall, you can put in firstgear in when idleing and the bike moves forward ,
      – the engine is therefor not very lively like a 199b but easier and also much more precise every mm of throttle change the motor rev.
      – With the Betor fork and the MArzocchit triple clamps/yokes the steering is better and the tendency to push the front wheel is gone.
      – the sond is great!

The bikes performs best when ridden old style.

forever trial
      Participante
      • Total:349
      • Campeón Del Mundo
      • ★★★★★★★

In my opinion much better this model tan the JUMBO SWM..

Kurt-Patrik Beckmann
      Participante
      • Total:26
      • Senior B

In my opinion much better this model tan the JUMBO SWM..

The Jumbo is a bike for heavy riders which have and need much power,
      to me the engine of a Jumbo is still one of the most powerfull trials engines I ever ridden.

The Enduro guys take this engine and mount him to the Enduro models like the RS 440 GS and others,
      unchanged!, that’s why so little of the Jumbos are left.

Juanjo-SrB
      Participante
      • Total:4111
      • 9 veces campeón del mundo
      • ★★★★★★★★★
      • ★★★★★★★

I remember the report antoniodg44 is showing here in this thread.
      I really never drove a SWM jumbo, but fortunatelly I shared a trial sesion with Boni Geebelen (top ten in spanish CET super category) and the SWM guanaco in the early ’80 and the bike was absolutely great, with a soft engine with lot of traction and a very handling frame.

Really the best of the bike behaviour was ….. the Boni Geebelen’s talent …. SURE.

Alfredo A
      Participante
      • Total:164
      • Senior A
      • ★★

Qué interesante información, ya no sólo por la prueba sino por los datos que nos aporta PSchauber.

Este es el foro que queremos y parece que de un día para otro se ha conseguido, ¡magnífico!

Thanks for posting, very interesting information PSchauber!

Javier Cruz
      Participante
      • Total:977
      • Triple Campeón Del Mundo
      • ★★★★★★★★★

Gracias Antonio por la información.

Recuerdo que a principios de los 80´s en Madrid solo había una SWM en los triales, la de Jose María Cotta.

Tuve la suerte de usar una cedida en Escocia, en el Highland Classic de 2012, era una Guanaco de 1980 casi de serie, aparte de los neumáticos IRZ, amortiguadores Rockshocks y el soporte del guardabarros un poco alargado para dar más espacio entre la rueda y el guardabarros; todo lo demás era de estricta serie. La moto participó en los SSDT de 1980 tal y como yo la usé montada por Ross Thomson (en la foto a la derecha con un casco azul).

El motor suave pero con unos bajos impresionantes, perfecto para las resbaladizas zonas escocesas, casi como una 4 tiempos!!
      Una muy buena experiencia con esta moto. La moto conmigo encima quedó la primera en la ruta B categoría Post77 !!! :P

Attachments:
Mostrando 6 respuestas a los debates
  • Debes estar registrado para responder a este debate.
X